Aircraft Metal Work Assembler
Oshkosh, WI 54902
Part Time, Non-Exempt
Relevant Work Experience
High School Diploma
Sonex Aircraft, LLC sells aircraft kits, engines and accessories for recreational pilots to assemble at-home, take to the airport and fly! With over 40 years of experience, Sonex Aircraft provides well engineered products with outstanding performance at an affordable price. This is all possible via the FAA’s rules governing Experimental Amateur-Built aircraft, which can be designed, built and flown by amateurs for the purpose of their own education and recreation. Within the scope of those rules, Sonex Aircraft is able to produce Quick Build Kits which take our aircraft kits to an advanced level of construction for the customer — just under the limit of what a kit manufacturer can provide vs. what an amateur builder must build themselves to make the project a legal Amateur-Built aircraft.
Sonex Aerospace, LLC is a spin-off company of Sonex Aircraft focused on designing and building Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) for commercial and government customers. Applying the Sonex design and engineering philosophy & heritage to the most exciting and rapidly expanding segment of the aviation marketplace, Sonex Aerospace is expanding its product line to bring the same outstanding economy and performance to the unmanned aircraft world.
Sonex is seeking motivated and talented A&P Sheet Metal Mechanics and Assemblers to join our growing team! You will be building Quick Build Kits for Sonex Aircraft customers, Unmanned Aircraft for Sonex Aerospace, and will be involved in the prototype construction process for new products.
Responsibilities/Duties/Functions/Tasks include (but are not limited to)
- Manage a wide variety of tasks working with Sonex team members.
- Document what has been completed and actively shuffle projects in priority provided by supervisors.
- Construction of QuickBuild portions of experimental aircraft
- Construction of metalwork assemblies for prototype experimental aircraft
- Construction of metalwork assemblies for Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)
- Other duties as assigned
Special Position Requirements
- Occasional mandatory overtime and Saturday shifts
- Travel required: 0%
- Lifting Required: 50lbs+
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Candidate pursuing degree in related major desirable but not required. (A&P Mechanic, Flight School, or other aviation-related)
- Manufacturing experience including parts fabrication is highly desired.
- Ability to solicit feedback to improve service, respond to requests for assistance, and meet commitments.
- Strong organizational, analytical and motivational skills along with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, performance-based environment.
- Pilot license is highly desirable, but not required.
- 1-2+ years of experience in the construction and/or maintenance of aircraft, or other metal work projects.
- Experience reading and interpreting blue prints.
- Experience & proficiency with basic metalworking/shop tools & equipment, such as:
- Measuring Tools
- Hand Drill
- Drill Press
- Metal Snips
- Bending Pliers
- Bending Brakes
- Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States.
- Valid Driver’s License
- 18 YOA or older
How to Apply:
- Submit resume, compensation requirements and references to Sonex Human Resources via our Contact Form.
- Complete the Online Application.