Oshkosh, WI 54902
Full-Time (40+ hrs), Non-Exempt
Join our growing staff!
If you’re looking for an energetic, dynamic workplace outside of “Big Aerospace” with variety and opportunity, Sonex is the place for you.
Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Responsibilities/Duties/Functions/Tasks include (but are not limited to)
- Custom Pallet Building
- Forklift Operation
- Part Picking & Packing
- Part Check-in & Quality Assurance
- Sub-Assembly Piecework
- UPS & USPS Shipment Processing
- Operation of the Sonex Formed Parts Press to form airframe kit parts from provided laser-cut blanks.
- Quality Assurance of Formed Parts Press processes and product, coordinating with all technical staff and supervisors to ensure the output of high-quality, technically accurate product within defined tolerances or guidance.
- Coordination with Warehouse Manager and Purchasing Agent positions to prioritize Formed Parts Press production to meet inventory and shipping goals.
- Maintain a Daily Production Report according to SOP.
- Inventory Counts of Completed Formed Parts and Formed Part Blanks in-stock, as assigned.
- Assist Warehouse Manager and staff as needed.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the Warehouse facilities, tools and materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to operate a computer
- Ability to operate various tools and machinery, including forklift
- High School Diploma
Special Position Requirements
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to-position. Routinely lifting objects weighting 50 pounds or more.
- Repetitive motion tasks: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers for sustained periods of time.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Fork Lift Experience
- 3 years or more in Warehouse / Shipping & Receiving
- Previous experience reading and interpreting technical documents and control drawings.
- Previous experience measuring and inspecting parts following a Quality Assurance standard.
- Basic Mechanical Skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow specific Standard Operating Procedures
Sonex, LLC sells aircraft kits, engines and accessories for recreational pilots to assemble at-home, take to the airport and fly! With over 40 years of experience, Sonex Aircraft provides well engineered products with outstanding performance at an affordable price. This is all possible via the FAA’s rules governing Experimental Amateur-Built aircraft, which can be designed, built and flown by amateurs for the purpose of their own education and recreation. Within the scope of those rules, Sonex Aircraft is able to produce Quick Build Kits which take our aircraft kits to an advanced level of construction for the customer — just under the limit of what a kit manufacturer can provide vs. what an amateur builder must build themselves to make the project a legal Amateur-Built aircraft.
Sonex Aerospace, LLC is a spin-off company of Sonex Aircraft focused on designing and building Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) for commercial and government customers. Applying the Sonex design and engineering philosophy & heritage to the most exciting and rapidly expanding segment of the aviation marketplace, Sonex Aerospace is expanding its product line to bring the same outstanding economy and performance to the unmanned aircraft world.
Range: Up-to $15 to $20 Hourly
- Health Insurance (Sonex covers employee premium 100%)
- Portable Plans: Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, etc.
- Safe Harbor (Sonex provides 3%)
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Discount
- Direct Deposit
- Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States.
- Valid Driver’s License
- 18 YOA or older
How to Apply:
- Submit resume, compensation requirements and references to Sonex Human Resources via our Contact Form.
- Complete the Online Application.
No phone calls, please.