Oshkosh, WI 54902
Full-Time (40+ hrs)
Sonex, LLC is seeking an addition to our engineering team to help shape future products for Sonex Aircraft, AeroConversions and Sonex Aerospace at our Hornets’ Nest Research and Development facility at Wittman Regional Airport (KOSH) in Oshkosh, WI. Experience managing large models in SolidWorks along with disciplined 2D CAD skills and attention to detail are a must, along with mechanical aptitude and experience working with Experimental Amateur Built aircraft.
Sonex wants to review a diverse group of candidates to find the perfect fit for this position. Whether you are just starting your career or have years of experience in the industry, we want to hear from you if you have the skills and experience outlined above combined with a passion for homebuilt aircraft and the ability to work well with others in a fast-paced team environment. Candidate should be a highly organized self-starter with excellent oral and written communication skills and creative problem-solving skills. Experience specific to metal aircraft is a major plus.
Sonex, LLC sells aircraft kits, engines and accessories for recreational pilots to assemble at-home, take to the airport and fly! With over 40 years of experience, Sonex provides well engineered products with outstanding performance at an affordable price. This is all possible via the FAA’s rules governing Experimental Amateur-Built aircraft, which can be designed, built and flown by amateurs for the purpose of their own education and recreation. Within the scope of those rules, Sonex is able to produce Quick Build Kits which take our aircraft kits to an advanced level of construction for the customer — just under the limit of what a kit manufacturer can provide vs. what an amateur builder must build themselves to make the project a legal Amateur-Built aircraft.
Sonex Aerospace is a product line of Sonex, LLC focused on designing and building Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) for commercial and government customers. Applying the Sonex design and engineering philosophy & heritage to the most exciting and rapidly expanding segment of the aviation marketplace, Sonex Aerospace is expanding its product line to bring the same outstanding economy and performance to the unmanned aircraft world.
- Associate or Bachelor’s in aviation related major (CAD Drafting, Engineering, A&P Mechanic, etc.)
- Mechanical Engineering/Aircraft Structural Analysis Skills.
- CNC router programming/operation experience desirable.
- Experience in the construction and/or maintenance of aircraft, or other mechanical/metal work/manufacturing or fabrication projects.
- Sonex is interested in hearing about personal projects too!
- Pilot license or flight training hours is highly desirable, but not required.
- Health Insurance (Sonex covers employee premium 100%)
- Portable Plans: Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, etc.
- 401(K) w/ Roth Option
- 401(K) 3% Safe Harbor Company Contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Discount
- Direct Deposit
- Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States.
- Valid Driver’s License
- 18 YOA or older
How to Apply:
- Submit resume, compensation requirements and references to Sonex Human Resources via our Contact Form.
- Complete the Online Application.
No phone calls, please.