Due to popular demand, B-Model Conversion Kits are now available! Builders with existing legacy Sonex or Waiex projects may convert their aircraft to a B-Model and Sonex Aircraft is now accepting orders for Conversion Kits!
Please Read: Special B-Model Conversion Kit Considerations
- No exchanges of legacy Sonex or Waiex parts are available.
- Builders will have to get their projects to a defined “starting point” for conversion. That may mean either building-up to the point where changes begin to take place, or removing parts to get “back” to the starting point of conversion changes.
- Depending upon a project’s status and condition, builders may need to fabricate or purchase replacement legacy (A-Model) parts at additional expense that are not part of the conversion kit. This will be more likely if builders need to remove parts to return to the conversion’s defined “starting point.”
- No “partial conversions” will be supported — Sonex Aircraft can only offer support for construction as defined in the plans that are provided for conversion.
- Wing conversion kits do not include new B-Model wing skins, as the conversion is most economically made by trimming existing wing skins. Builders may opt to purchase new B-Model wing skins at additional expense.
- Builders must retain their original legacy plans set with their projects and legacy aircraft serial numbers will not be valid for building additional projects. Legacy aircraft that have been converted will receive a version of their original serial number that includes a conversion designator.