FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SubSonex Factory Seminar to be Hosted at AirVenture 2018
Focused Event for the Serious SubSonex Builder/Owner/Pilot Prospect to be held Thursday, July 26th
July 3, 2018, Oshkosh, WI
Sonex Aircraft, LLC is excited to announce the first-ever SubSonex Factory Seminar, to be held on Thursday, July 26th during EAA AirVenture Oshkosh! The event will take place from 3-5 pm at Sonex Aircraft factory headquarters on the East side of Wittman Regional Airport, and will be a very-focused informational session for those seriously considering purchase of a SubSonex.
Topics will Include:
- SubSonex Walk-Around, Design Overview and Brief History
- The PBS TJ-100 Turbojet Engine
- Flight Characteristics, Pilot Qualifications and Training
- Aircraft Certification in Exhibition and Amateur Built Categories
- What to do with Your Jet? Recreational Flying, Airshows and even Air Racing!
- Project Overview: Completing a SubSonex Kit
- John Monnett: Sonex Aircraft, LLC owner, designer of the SubSonex and SubSonex pilot. John Monnett is a multi-thousand hour private pilot, aircraft designer, and the founder of Sonex Aircraft, LLC. John become a jet pilot just before his 70th birthday, and the EAA Homebuilders Hall of Fame inductee had to design his own jet — the SubSonex — in order to make his jet dreams come true.
- Bob Carlton: SubSonex airshow pilot, owner of the SubSonex training program. Bob Carlton is a renowned airshow pilot, known for his Super Salto jet saiplane and SubSonex day and night pyro airshow performances. The Bill Barber Award recipient pioneered the use of the PBS TJ-100 turbojet engine in the United States and was the chief test pilot for the SubSonex Personal Jet development program. Bob also runs the SubSonex transition training program at his home base in Moriarty, NM via his two-place BonusJet sailplane.
- Pete Zaccagnino: 3-time Reno Gold Champion race pilot, SubSonex race pilot. Pete is a 21,000 + pilot and Reno jet course qualifying lap record holder at 529 mph, but he saw a unique opportunity in the SubSonex to bring new levels excitement and accessibility to jet pylon racing. At the 2018 Pylon Racing Seminar in June, Pete qualified the SubSonex to Race at Reno!
- Paul Dye: Kitplanes Magazine Editor-in-Chief, SubSonex qualified pilot and new SubSonex kit customer. Paul Dye needs no introduction if you’re active in homebuilding. The editor of one of our industry’s flagship publications earned a SubSonex LOA to write a flight review for Kitplanes, and has been missing the aircraft ever since!
Transportation Available from AirVenture Grounds:
Attendees of this seminar may drive directly to Sonex Aircraft factory headquarters (see map), or take advantage of Sonex Aircraft shuttles from AirVenture grounds. Passengers will be given a time to meet at the Sonex exhibit booth #622 to be transported to the event, and transportation will be provided back to AirVenture grounds at the conclusion of the event. Space is limited, and transportation sign-ups will be offered on a first come, first served basis.
RSVP is required to attend this Free Event. Customers can register at: https://www.sonexaircraft.com/subsonex-seminar-airventure-2018/
Sonex Aircraft, LLC celebrates its 20thanniversary in 2018 and is a leader in the experimental kit aircraft industry, providing a series of sport aircraft along with the AeroConversions line of products, which include the AeroVee engine, AeroVee Turbo, AeroInjector and ancillary aviation products. Sonex Aircraft’s Sonex, Waiex, and Onex sport planes, the Xenos sport motorglider, and the SubSonex Personal Jet offer outstanding performance in an easy to build, easy to fly kit package that can be purchased and completed with full technical support at an unrivaled price. Highly regarded as an engineering company, Sonex has diversified its offerings to include Sonex Aerospace LLC, producing the Teros Group 4 UAS for unmanned and optionally piloted civil and defense missions, while developing other UAS airframes in conjunction with Navmar Applied Sciences Corporation. Sonex and AeroConversions continue to invest heavily in developing new products. Our team is committed to providing simple, elegant and low-cost solutions for sport flying. Simply put, Sonex Aircraft and AeroConversions products provide the Best Performance Per Dollar. Check us out at www.SonexAircraft.com, www.AeroConversions.com and www.SonexAerospace.com
IMAGES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD:
SubSonex rounding the pylon at Reno during Pylon Racing School. The SubSonex is now approved to race at Reno!
SubSonex makes vertical maneuvers in an airshow performance at Dillon Reservoir, CO at 11,000 ft density altitude!
EVENT HOME PAGE AND REGISTRATION FORM: https://www.sonexaircraft.com/subsonex-seminar-airventure-2018/
SUBSONEX PERSONAL JET HOME PAGE: https://www.sonexaircraft.com/subsonex/
AIRVENTURE 2018 SONEX EVENTS SCHEDULE: https://www.sonexaircraft.com/sonex-company-events-calendar/#av_2018_schedule
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SONEX AND AEROCONVERSIONS PUBLIC RELATIONS RSS FEED & MAILING LIST: http://flysonex.com/subscribe/#web_updates_list
Sonex Aircraft, LLC
Phone: (920) 231-8297
Fax: (920) 426-8333
E-mail: Use our Contact Form
# # #