Sonex -- The Sport Aircraft Reality Check!

AeroConversions Accessories

Sport Pilot

Aircraft Licensing

How should I license my Sonex Aircraft?

All builders of Sonex Aircraft must register their aircraft as Experimental/Amateur Built Aircraft (whith the exception of the SubSonex Personal Jet, which may optionally be regisered Experimental Exhibition). You can register your aircraft under these existing rules and fly it as a Sport Pilot. There is no need to attend a specialized LSA inspection class as-is the case with S-LSA or E-LSA aircraft. Registering as Experimental Amateur Built allows you to obtain a Repairman's Certificate for your aircraft and perform all of your own inspections.

You can find much more detailed information about Sonex Aircraft certification and registration on our Aircraft Certification page.

EAA now offers an Amateur-Built Aircraft Certification Kit, which is available for purchase online. The kit includes everything you need to register and certificate a new experimental amateur-built aircraft. The 15-page, step-by-step Certification Guide walks you through the entire process-from getting an N number to the aircraft inspection-and provides samples of how to complete each required form. The certification kit also includes all FAA forms, Experimental sticker (in black), dataplate, and a convenient placard decal sheet.


Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB

| Home | Choosing Sonex | Company | Kits | Support | Builder Network | Sport Pilot | Ordering | Press Room |

© Copyright Sonex Aircraft, LLC -- All Rights Reserved | Contact Sonex HR

Subscribe to Sonex and AeroConversions Mailing Lists and News Feeds